Cool Creamy White Bean Basil Hummus
Who doesn’t love a cool and creamy dip during the summer time? Not only is this a fun take on hummus, but it’s good for you. According to Greatist, the main ingredient, cannellini (aka white) beans are high in antioxidants that help fight premature aging. This recipe also includes fresh vibrant basil leaves, garlic, and zesty lemon; Yum, talk about flavor.
Besides being healthy, do you know what the best part is? Once you’ve compiled the ingredients, you’ll literally be snacking in 5 minutes!
All you have to do is toss everything in a food processor and pulse, pausing to scrape down the sides if necessary. Then, scoop the mixture into a nice bowl and garnish with a basil leaf and you’re good to go :).
White Bean Basil Hummus
- 1 can cannellini (white) beans
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon (juiced and strained of seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
What to Do
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse, pausing to scrape down the sides if necessary
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and garnish with a basil leaf.