Sweet Roasted Peaches with Brown Sugar Butter
With summer waning, it’s natural to try to eat as many fresh fruits as possible before they’re out of season, ridiculously expensive or unavailable. For me, peaches are one of the fruits I knew I wanted to squeeze in before summer is gone. They’re such a great fruit – beautifully colored, convenient for grab-and-go snacks, unbelievably juicy, and super sweet.
Since ripe peaches are so sweet, I thought they’d make a delicious and healthy dessert. In a recent Food Network magazine, I came across an article featuring grilled peaches and they looked delectable! Unfortunately, I don’t have a grill so I baked mine instead and I exchanged the grill marks for brown sugar butter. Mmm, these will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Start by slicing your peaches in half and removing the pits. Then, place your halved peaches in a baking dish or on a baking sheet (I sprayed my dish with canola oil but I’m not sure if that was necessary).
In a small bowl, melt your butter and stir in the brown sugar until it’s mostly dissolved. Using a teaspoon, drizzle the brown sugar butter on top of the halved peaches. All you have to do now is bake at 400 degrees (F) for 15-20 minutes (until peaches are tender).
I ate mine with a scoop of light Crème Brûlée ice cream… perfect good-bye summer dessert!
Sweet Roasted Peaches with Brown Sugar ButterServes 2-3 people Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 ripe peaches
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light or dark brown sugar
- Optional: dash of cinnamon
What to Do
- Slice each peach in half and remove the pit.
- Place the halved peaches in a baking dish or on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle the brown sugar butter on top of the halved peaches.
- Bake at 400 degrees (F) for 15-20 minutes (until peaches are tender).
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or by itself.