Humble Beginnings: My 1st Award
Even as a newbie blogger, I’ve come to realize that receiving awards is kind of a ‘rite of passage’ in the vast world of blogging. Before I started blogging, a little less than a month ago, I honestly had no idea these awards existed. Actually, I didn’t even know the difference between a “post” and a “page” or the difference between a “tag” and a “category.” However, a few weeks later, I’m still blogging and still on a steep learning curve! 🙂
Anyways, to me, awards are such a generous gesture by another in order to make someone feel appreciated and guess what… I have just received my very first award – The Sunshine Award, from eat sweet. by carla sue.
As you might expect, I’m extremely, flattered, grateful, and excited (THANK YOU CARLA SUE)! With that being said, I know I still have so much more to learn and yes, I still consider myself a newbie blogger but I think I’m on the right path for growth. Please feel free to let me know if you have any tips, suggestions, or positive criticism – I’m all ears!
Okay, back to the award and my fabulous presenter… Carla Sue has an awesome blog full of indulgent treats. Her food photography is amazing – Everything makes my mouth water! Check her out – I’m sure you’ll find a recipe, or 47, that’ll inspire you.
So about the award… Apparently, there are “rules” which are as follows:
Sunshine Award – Rules for Winners (if you choose to accept)
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
2. Choose ten blogs to nominate and let them know by leaving a comment.
3. Request that the chosen blogs pass on the award to their favorite blogs.
4. Copy and paste the award on your blog post.
5. Answer the ten questions provided.
Might as well get started on the questions…
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? I have to admit, the study of philosophy is not my cup of tea. I can probably only name 3-5 philosophers, none of which I would deem my ‘favorite.’
2. What is your favorite number? 6, 12, or 24. However, after hearing Sheldon’s theory on why 73 is the best number, I may have to revise my answer ;).
3. What is your favorite animal? I wouldn’t really consider myself an ‘animal person’ as I have pretty bad allergies but I think koala bears are cute… and I would always favor dogs over cats.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter accounts? Sorry, both my personal Facebook and Twitter accounts are private! If I end up creating accounts for Inspire and Indulge, I’ll revise this answer!
5. What is your favorite time of day? Lazy weekend mornings with Jon – I love when we don’t have to get-up-and-go and can take the time to make a delicious breakfast and lounge around.
6. What was your favorite vacation? This is too hard… either a spring break cruise with the girls or when Jon and I went to the Harry Potter theme park and then on a cruise! Can you tell I love cruises?
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Probably spin classes… but I don’t go to enough of them!
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Raspberry lemonade crystal light (SO good and only 5 calories!)
9. What is your favorite flower? Right now, gerbera daisies.
10. What is your passion? Cooking & DIY projects (aka Inspire & Indulge) of course!
Whew, now on to my nominees:
- A Cedar Spoon
- The Pancake Princess and The Protein Prince
- Cobwebs, Cupcakes & Crayons
- Champagne Dreams, Boxed Wine Budget
- Kelly in the Kitchen
- Strong Like My Coffee
- lattes and leggings
- Le Chic Elefant
Congratulations ladies! I truly enjoy each of your blogs and look forward to reading more and learning from each of you :).