Baked Egg Cups
Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy lazy weekend mornings? Now that I’ve been in the ‘real world’ with a big girl job for almost a year and a half, I completely understand the ‘TGIF’ mentality and how valuable weekends are. Life as an undergraduate/graduate student was so different – Since I could create my own schedule, I took full advantage and set up my schedule so I had no classes on Fridays (every weekend was a long weekend!) and no classes earlier than 10AM.
What a wake-up call the real world has been! No more sleeping in and no more mid-day naps – Instead, that’s been replaced with a serious lack of free-time. Now that I understand how precious lazy Saturday/Sunday mornings are, I love taking advantage by making a delicious breakfast/brunch with Jon. We both love eggs but during the week we eat Greek yogurts since they’re convenient grab-and-go food.
We just tried these Baked Egg Cups for the first time and agreed that they’re scrumptious! They’re like mini omelet cups and the options for the mix-ins are endless! The best part is they’re wrapped in bacon and who doesn’t love bacon?!
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (F) and lightly grease a muffin pan.
Line each cup with bacon (including the bottom). You may need to cut the bacon slices to fit.
Prep your chosen veggies – I added small broccoli florets and diced red onion.
Whisk together your eggs, parm cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. Toss your veggies into the egg mixture and stir.
Tip: To cut down on cholesterol, I used 4 eggs and 5 egg whites instead of 12 whole eggs. If you choose to use 12 whole eggs, you can simply crack an egg into each cup.
Fill your bacon-lined cups 3/4 full.
Tip: I used a small (1/4 cup) measuring cup to scoop the egg mixture into the muffin pan.
Pop your pan into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until your bacon is cooked and your eggs are set. Mine took 17 minutes.
Let the cups cool slightly then scoop out of the tins and enjoy your egg cups with a large mug of pumpkin flavored coffee!
Baked Egg CupsInspired by Simple Delights Makes 12 single cups
- 4 whole eggs + 5 egg whites
- 8 slices of bacon (preferably reduced sodium/reduced fat)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cups of chosen veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, onion, spinach, peppers, etc)
- salt & pepper, to taste
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F) and lightly grease a muffin pan.
- Line each cup with bacon (including the bottom). You may need to cut the bacon slices to fit.
- Whisk together eggs, parm cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add veggies to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Fill the bacon-lined cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked and the eggs are set.
- Let the cups cool slightly before scooping them out of the tins.