October Accomplishments & November Ambitions
Happy Halloween!! Is it just me or did October fly by too quickly? It feels like just yesterday that Jon and I were complaining about the heat and now we’re caught up worrying about Hurricane Sandy and I’m reading weather alerts that it could snow next week! I guess that’s good ol upstate NY, huh?
If you’ve been following my blog for a little bit, you may remember that last month I began a monthly series on accomplishments and ambitions. I thought it would be a great idea to look back and review the previous month as well as look ahead to the coming month.
Surprisingly, even though this month passed in a blur, I was still able to get a bunch of blog goals crossed off. In orange is what I wanted to accomplish in last month’s post:
1. Continue to indulge Jon’s love of pumpkin flavored things (cupcakes? pancakes? both?)
Well, I only ended up making one recipe that included pumpkin but since Jon declared that it may be his favorite cupcake, I guess I went for quality over quantity. Click the pic if you’d like to see my post and the recipe. 🙂
2. Transition from the pumpkin phase into an apple phase (apple butter? apple bread? applesauce?)
I recently made Apple Cider Pancakes with Warm Apple Salsa for my first apple recipe. I’m really excited to share my homemade applesauce in November and to find more delicious apple recipes! Feel free to share any that you might have.
3. Create an autumn inspired decoration for our apartment (wreath? centerpiece?)
I went the wreath route and created this little beauty: (Word to the wise, if you do this project, make sure you use good strong glue)
4. Create something Halloween related (This project is already done and I’m so excited to share it with you! I’ll be posting it on Oct. 22nd as part of a link-up post with some other great bloggers.)
Did you happen to see my participation in the Collectively Creative link-up? I hope so! Kelly at Cobwebs, Cupcakes and Crayons came up with a fun idea for a group of bloggers to all post about one topic on the same day. The first topic was Halloween and Jon and I decided to make a Party Pumpkin Keg!
5. Get started on some homemade Christmas presents (I know it’s early but I don’t want to leave it all for the last minute!)
Oops! Unfortunately, I didn’t make any progress on this goal but there’s always next month! 🙂
So let’s take a look at my November Ambitions…
- Create a fun and easy DIY project for the next Collectively Creative theme (Thankful)
- Try a recipe from one of the blogs I follow
- Share 2 more apple recipes
- Take a second attempt at starting some homemade Christmas presents!
Time to get inspired!