A Collaboration of Thank-You’s
Since starting my blog in mid-August, I have been blown away by the support and encouragement from fellow bloggers. As a first-time blogger, everyone is so willing to help, inspire, and provide valuable insight. I’ve recently been lucky enough to receive a couple of awards and win a giveaway! Therefore, I’d like to take a minute to appreciate the generosity of 4 amazing bloggers. Please visit their blogs as they each have something special to share!
Thea from Organized Living Essentials
- As a fellow participant in the first Collectively Creative collaboration, Thea generously nominated her eight fellow bloggers for both the One Lovely Blog Award and the Super Sweet Blogging Award. Amazing, right?
- Her blog has just about every organization tip and trick you could imagine. Regardless of if you’re living in a dorm, apartment, or house, she’s got something that will help you! I love the way she structures her posts – Each post contains a situation, a problem, and a solution. See? Even her posts have a uniform organization about them!
Casey from Champagne Dreams, Boxed Wine Budget
- For starters, don’t you love the name of her blog? I think a lot of us can relate. That’s the great thing about Casey’s blog – She’s so down to earth and shares practical recipes and awesome DIY projects. She’s currently living in the Big Apple so she’s got some fun lifestyle posts thrown in the mix too.
- I was flattered when Casey nominated me for the Liebster Award – Here are my answers to her questions:
- Setting aside health issues, if you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? I could totally be satisfied with potatoes for the rest of my life – As I mentioned in my Baked Salt & Finger French Fry post, there are a MILLION types of potatoes and ways to cook them so at least I’d have some variety!
- Where is your favorite vacation spot? I’m a huge fan of going on cruises. They’re ideal because you get to visit a bunch of places in one trip!
- What or who is your ideal blogging collaboration? There are SO many bloggers I admire and would love to collaborate with. The first person that comes to mind off the top of my head would be Erika from The Pancake Princess and The Protein Prince. She has a fabulous blog with amazing pictures and her style of writing is so playful. She also has the most mouth-watering recipes and usually tries to keep them on the healthier side. Erika has also been kind enough to give me some photography pointers.
- If you could have 3 people at a dinner party (living or dead, fictional or real) who would they be? I honestly have no idea.
- If you had a theme song that played every time you walked into a room, what would it be? I’m terrible at answering these types of questions. Can I have a shuffle option?
- If you could have been alive in a different time, when would it be and why? I would love to have experienced the 1800’s or early 1900’s because it seems like such a different world. I feel like family, bravery, and honor were valued more back then and there was plenty of cooking and crafting!
- Who is (or would you like to be) your style icon? I’m not really big into following celebrities.
- If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be? Someone with a finance and/or marketing position in the [social] media and entertainment industry. That way, I’d have a better idea if that was the direction I’d ultimately like to go in.
- What made you start blogging? It sounded like fun and I knew it would be a good way for me to keep my recipes and projects organized and give me motivation to actually complete them.
- What is your ideal blogging future? If you don’t know, what is your ideal professional future? In a dream world, I would love to be a full-time blogger. To be honest, I don’t even really know what that entails but I would love to work from home and be able to cook, craft, and browse Pinterest and other blogs all day. In the real world, my ideal professional future would be to leverage my finance degree and work at a company/industry I’m passionate about… like the Food Network!
- What advice would you give your 15 year old self (assuming they wouldn’t slam the door and turn the music up louder)? Thinking back on what life was like as a 15 year old, the first thing that comes to mind is be patient.
Tonette from foodfriendsfamily
- As a self-proclaimed devoted Grandma, Tonette has lots of great wisdom when it comes to cooking! She has all kinds of tried-and-true recipes to share. There’s a reason why everything always tastes better at Grandma’s!
- Tonette was also kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award! So here we go with another 11 questions:
- Where is the farthest you have even been from where you were born? Well, seeing as how I was born in South Korea and I now live in New York, I would say this is the farthest I’ve been – halfway around the world!
- Do you live now where your family lived? I live about 30 minutes from where I was raised.
- Do you like to live in the city or the country? The only cities I’ve lived in so far are Rochester and Buffalo, neither of which are “major” cities but Jon and I would like to live in a major city (D.C., Chicago, Boston, San Fran, etc) for at least a couple of years while we’re still young.
- Do you prefer to visit the city or the country? On a vacation, I would much rather visit the city. In my mind, there is so much more to do, see, and experience.
- In what ways do you consider yourself the most creative? I feel most creative when I’m browsing Pinterest. I love seeing DIY projects and thinking to myself, “I could totally do that.”
- What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? In five years, I’ll just about be turning 30! Wow, that definitely seems like a milestone. Hopefully Jon and I will be married by then and we’ll both be settled into careers that challenge and excite us.
- What would you like to try that you have not done before? Be a contestant on The Amazing Race with Jon!
- Is there any place in particular that you have never seen that you would like to visit? Ireland
- What would you change about the world if you had one quick wish? Yikes, I don’t want to say anything political so I’ll just say, More Love.
- Rank these (1,2,3,4) books, music, sports, movies: 1. Music, 2. Books, 3. Movies, 4. Sports
- What are your 3 favorite holidays? Thanksgiving, my birthday, & my airplane day which is the day I flew over from Korea (celebrated like a birthday)
Maura from My Healthy ‘Ohana
- Maura has such a playful blog with lots of healthy and delicious recipes (with pictures of her adorable children sprinkled in)! She has numerous banana bread recipes that I truly can’t wait to try. Her blog is a great source of inspiration.
- Recently, she hosted her very first giveaway for a Grow Box… and I won! I am so excited about this because I can’t wait to try my hand (or should I say, thumb?) at growing my very own herbs! I see a lot of basil, rosemary, and cilantro in my future! Thanks again, Maura!