November Accomplishments & December Ambitions
I know I’m a couple of days late, but you didn’t think I gave up on my accomplishments and ambitions series already, did you?! Nope! I just decided I was going to save this post for today since today just so happens to be my birthday! What better day to look back at what I’ve accomplished and look forward to what’s ahead? 🙂
Before I get started, I just want to give everyone a heads up that my blog may seem a little different this month. I’ve got a couple of guest posts lined up and I happen to be guest posting for a couple of others as well. Lots of contributors and contributions! ‘Tis the season, right?
Please bear with me during this chaotic month! I know December is a hectic month for everyone but for me, it’s truly chaos. Not only is December full of Christmas activities and the upcoming new year celebrations, but we also celebrate Jon’s birthday on Dec. 4th (did you see the truffles I made for him?), my own birthday on Dec. 5th and we’ll be traveling for 11 days out of the month! I can’t complain though – We’re heading to NYC this weekend to celebrate our birthdays and later in the month we’re going to Ohio to see all of Jon’s family! Lots to look forward to but that means less time for blogging which is why I’m SO thankful to feature some great bloggers while they pick up my slack.
So let’s take a look at how I measured up against last month’s ambitions. (Click any of the pictures to be taken to the post)
- Create a fun and easy DIY project for the next Collectively Creative theme (Thankful)
I really had NO idea what I was going to do for this but luckily inspiration hit. I ended up creating this super easy and customizable Thankful dry-erase board. Jon and I enjoyed jotting down a couple of qualities that we were thankful for in each other.
- Try a recipe from one of the blogs I follow
I’m proud to report that I ended up trying three recipes from fellow bloggers. Two of them were from Julia at A Cedar Spoon and one was from Maura at My Healthy ‘Ohana. The first one I tried was Julia’s homemade crock pot applesauce which I blogged about:
The other two recipes I tried I didn’t get a chance to blog about. They were Julia’s Rosemary & Cranberry Spread and Maura’s Slow Cooker Maple Chicken & Sweet Potatoes.
- Share 2 more apple recipes
Success! I killed two birds with one stone with the homemade applesauce (above) and I barely squeezed in the apple crisp recipe at the end of the month. Both of these apple recipes were delicious and made me wish I had more time to make apple goodies!
- Take a second attempt at starting some homemade Christmas presents!
I definitely made great progress here but I can’t share what I’ve made since some of the recipients read my blog and I don’t want to give anything away! 😉 Just know that I have been one busy little elf.
So, what’s on the agenda for next month?
- Jon & I are in charge of alcohol and a dessert for his family Christmas party. Looks like we need to find (and taste-test) a delicious party punch – preferably with Svedka since we have a HUGE bottle of it. As for the dessert, will we go the expected cupcake route or switch it up? I don’t know! If you have any punch or dessert suggestions, please feel free to inspire me!
- I really enjoyed trying recipes from bloggers I follow. It makes it seem a little more personal compared to recipes I randomly find on Pinterest. With that being said, I’d like to try one or two more this month (assuming we have time to cook!).
- Find two Paleo-inspired recipes that Jon and I will commit to trying in January.
- I really need to do some administrative work on my blog. I’d like to update my banner at the top and create an Awards page and an Accomplishments & Ambitions page.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season. 🙂