December Accomplishments & January Ambitions
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a safe and fun New Year’s celebration. 🙂 I know I’ve been away from the blogging world for the past two weeks, but I’m happy to be back and I look forward to getting back into the swing of things.
With the start of a new year, what a perfectly appropriate time to review accomplishments and outline some ambitions. 2012 was a big year for me as far as blogging goes. I started Inspire & Indulge in August of this year and it’s amazing to think about all that I have learned and accomplished thus far. Moreover, the people I’ve met through blogs have been amazing – everyone is so supportive and inspiring! Thank you to all!
Let’s take a look back at my top 5 viewed posts in 2012:
1. Fabric Flowers (Version #2): I’m honestly shocked that this was my most viewed post. Personally, I thought my Fabric Flowers (Version #1) would have been more popular since they were so much easier to make!
2. Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Frosting: Once again, I’m pretty surprised because this was not my most favorite pumpkin dessert. I think people were really interested in trying cakes made with Greek Yogurt this year.
3. DIY Cork Board from Wine Corks: This post has been gaining traffic from Pinterest. Even though it was one of my first posts here, I love this project and I’m still really happy with how this turned out.
4. DIY No-Sew Ruffle Scarf: This was such a fun and easy project to do. I ended up making 5 of these to give as Christmas presents!
5. Toilet Roll Wreath: Even though this project was cheap to create, it was definitely time consuming.
Looks like my DIY posts dominated my top 5 list which is surprising since I’ve posted so many more recipes than projects. Luckily, I have plenty more to share in 2013. 😉
So what were my top 5 favorite posts from 2012?
- Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Slow Cooker: Hearty Turkey Quinoa Chili
- Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars
Okay, let’s get back to what my December goals were and how I measured up:
- Jon and I were in charge of bringing an alcoholic drink to his family’s Christmas party. We ended up mixing Black Velvet Toasted Caramel (whiskey) with apple cider and it was a HUGE success. Everyone that tried it liked it and we all ended up having a few drinks. 🙂
- I didn’t really get to do much experimental cooking this past month so I didn’t get a chance to try any new recipes from bloggers I follow. Next month!
- For the month of January, Jon and I have resolved to attempt the Paleo diet/lifestyle. As such, I wanted to get ready and have some recipes in mind. I ended up stumbling upon PaleOMG and Nom Nom Paleo (Thanks, Benn!) – both of which have been awesome resources.
- I really wanted to get some administrative work done on Inspire & Indulge. I was able to organize my Recipe page/drop-down but I didn’t get around to much else.
- Complete one full month of Paleo with Jon – Check back later this week for my first Paleo post and I’ll get a little more indepth. 🙂
- Try a recipe with coconut milk.
- Share two DIY projects that I made for Christmas presents.
Cheers to a New Year!