[Paleo] Baked Chili Lime Sweet Potato Fries
Paleo Update: Tomorrow is our last official day 100% Paleo! I can’t believe we really did it and kept a strict “diet” for 31 days. I have to admit, I’m really proud of both Jon and I! Thank you to all of YOU for all of your support and words of encourage. I can’t believe all of the positive feedback I’ve received related to our Paleo challenge. Don’t worry – this won’t be my last Paleo post! I’ll be talking about the highs and lows later this week in my January Accomplishments & February Ambitions but let me give you a few thoughts for today:
- Being on a regimented diet has really opened my eyes to what I’m eating. As I mentioned before, Jon and I have been using the My Fitness Pal app to track our calories. I’m such a Type A that I tend to add my food a day ahead of time so I can see where my calories and nutritional stats will fall. Although that may sound a little obsessive, looking ahead helps me make better choices in the present. For example, if I know tomorrow is going to be a heavier carb day, I’ll try not to eat that deliciously moist piece of banana bread today.
- Going Paleo has inspired me to work out more often. Pre-Paleo I was lucky if I worked out 1-2 times a week (sad, I know). But throughout January, I worked out a consistent 4 times each week. I guess I figured if I was going to eat so well, I might as well try to multiple the positive effects by also working out. Win Win.
- Both of these points that I bring up today are positive effects of going Paleo for me. I’m not saying they are Paleo-specific benefits. In fact, I think they would apply regardless of whatever diet/challenge we chose to do. Just something to think about if you plan to diet any time soon!
Who doesn’t like fries? I mean, honestly – I can’t think of a single person.
Unfortunately, french fries aren’t allowed on the Paleo diet (shocking, right?). No matter – Jon and I have perfected the art of BAKED sweet potato fries. That’s right, baked – As in “skinny,” “light,” “healthier,” whatever you want to call them!
We’ve seasoned them numerous different ways but this chili powder and lime juice combo is one of our absolute favorites. The flavors compliment each other so well – savory spice with a hint of bright tart citrus!
Do these sound good? Are you ready to make these for dinner?
If so, head on over to Cobwebs, Cupcakes and Crayons where I’m guest posting for Kelly today! After generously guest posting for me in December, she has kindly asked if I would like to guest post for her during January. After you check out my fries, make sure to explore some other posts on her blog – like her awesome kid-friendly DIY projects or her totally relevant Clutter-Buster Boot Camp series.
You May Also Like:
- [Paleo] Bacon Wrapped Honey Mustard Chicken
- [Paleo] Sausage & Sweet Potato Frittata
- Italian Kale Chips
- Baked Salt & Vinegar Fries