Slow Cooker: Chunky Chicken Soup (GF)
When people hear “chicken soup,” I think they automatically think chicken noodle soup. If that’s the case with you, let me tell you right off the bat that there are no noodles in this soup. Why? Because it’s gluten-free! Don’t worry though because this soup is still super hearty thanks to the sweet potato, corn, and shredded chicken.
Trust me, I highly recommend making this heart warming soup before spring is officially here and we all start grilling and making light salads. I’ve been battling a little cold (thanks to the shifting seasons!) but this soup revived me and really hit the spot. Feeling under the weather yourself? This one’s for you!
Be prepared for a large crock pot full of soup which makes enough to serve the whole family or if there’s only one or two of you, you’ll have leftovers for the whole week!
Chunky Chicken Soup (GF)
Inspired by No Sugar Sweet Life
- 1.5lbs chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 32oz chicken broth
- optional: 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, pinch of crushed red pepper
What to Do
- Cube your sweet potatoes and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Roughly cut your onion into quarters or sixths and place on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Add your precooked and shredded chicken, corn, tomatoes and chicken broth. (If you’re adding any optional seasonings, mix them into the chicken broth before you add the chicken broth to the crock pot).
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender.
You May Also Like:
- Slow Cooker: Hearty Turkey Quinoa Chili
- Slow Cooker: Savory Pot Roast with Mixed Veggies
- Southwestern Chicken, Corn & Bean Casserole